¾ cup nut butter of choice, I used smooth peanut butter and mixed nut and seed nut butter
½ cup maple syrup, a scant cup
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons water
1 ½ cups rolled oats
½ cup almond meal
1 serving, 25 grams, Two Islands Peanut Butter Pea Protein
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
1/3 cup dried cranberries
Optional add-ins: sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
- In a pot on low heat, melt/combine nut butter, vanilla, maple syrup and water, stir until smooth and leave aside to cool slightly
- In a large bowl, add the remaining dry ingredients and mix and combine
- Add maple syrup mixture and combine well. The mixture will be thick and stiff. The maple syrup mixture should still be warm as it will slightly melt the chocolate, but that’s a good thing as it mixes the chocolate nicely through the bars!
- Place mixture into a square baking tin lined with baking paper and with a silicone spatula or clean hands press mixture into tin evenly
- Place in the fridge to harden for 1 hour and either cut into snack bar sizes or square slices. Leave as is or drizzle with more chocolate or peanut butter.