1 cup almond meal
1 cup flour of your choice, I used brown rice flour
1 serve Two Islands Vanilla & Coconut Pea Protein Powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup honey or agave syrup, melted slightly to make runny
3/4 cup brown sugar, or coconut sugar
Dash of milk, of your choice
Pinch of salt
Blueberry Jam Ingredients
450 grams blueberries, thawed if using frozen
120 grams white sugar
Juice of one lemon
3 teaspoons Two Islands Berry Collagen Beauty Powder
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees fan bake and line a baking tray with baking paper. Ensure the tray has sides high enough to make the slice sit high when baked.
2. In a mixing bowl, melt coconut oil and honey together until smooth. Add egg and stir whisk together well. In another bowl, stir flour, almond meal, protein powder and baking powder. Once combined, add dry ingredients to wet, and mix well. Add milk if mixture is too dry - until a crumble/base mixture is formed.
3. Pop 3/4 of the base ingredients into the bottom of your pan and bake for 10-12 minutes until slightly golden and beginning to rise. Remove from oven, and prepare jam.
4. To make jam layer, combine berries, lemon, collagen and sugar in a small pot. Bring to the boil for 10 minutes, and when the mixture begins to thicken - remove from high heat and simmer for a further 20 minutes. If you want to make this step easier, you can just use a store brought jam - and stir through the collagen! Easy!
5. Pop jam over the baked base layer, and crumble remaining topping on top. Bake for a further 10-15 minutes, until the top is golden and the jam is bubbling.
6. Remove from oven, and cool fully before slicing. Store in an airtight container, or serve warm with ice cream... YUM.