3 bananas mashed, overripe is good!
¼ cup maple syrup
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup Two Islands Vanilla & Coconut Pea Protein Powder
¾ cup almond flour
¾ cup oat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup chocolate chips, plus extra for sprinkling on top
If you don’t have oat flour, you can make your own by putting oats in a blender and pulsing until it resembles flour texture. I make a large batch and keep it in an airtight container.
If you are coeliac, I have tested the recipe using quinoa flakes and rice flour as a substitute to the oat flour. The texture is not as fluffy, but the taste is unaltered.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Add muffin liners to your muffin tray and spray with cooking oil
- Combine wet ingredients together in one bowl
- Combine dry ingredients, excluding choc chips, in a separate bowl
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine
- Add the chocolate chips and fold them into the mixture
- Spoon mixture into muffin liners
- Sprinkle extra choc chips on top
- Bake on 180 degrees for 20-25 minutes